Business System Analyst
Provides application-level support for end users on ERP related systems. Improves business processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation and maintenance of business application systems. Establishes strong partnerships with department level leaders to fully understand business processes, discover needs and to translate requirements into functional and technical specifications. Performs project management duties, managing multiple projects and overseeing developers, consultants and vendors to ensure that requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
The following statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified
- Understand business processes and proactively develop and assist in the implementation of business process and/or technology solutions. Focus on existing systems and technology to improve process efficiency, reduce costs and enhance customer service
- Manage a team of employees, consultants and vendors to accomplish goals
- Provide project management support for business process redesign and technical projects. Expected to work closely with users throughout the entire project cycle to ensure a successful on time and within budget implementation of projects
- Maintain an understanding of the IS strategic direction and overall goals to be accomplished
- Establish and maintain constant communication with business partners and vendors to make sure all deliverables and expectations are being met.
- Provide system analysis services by understanding the system environment and functional capabilities of existing systems. Be aware of updates and new releases and make recommendations for improvements that will increase productivity
- Timely and accurate project plans developed to specifications for specific projects
- Metrics for Projects: Deadlines met, deadlines delayed
- Metrics for IS Service Requests: Response time, number of overdue items
- Peer comments on annual review used as indicator of performance
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or industry certifications in related area
- Strong, hands-on knowledge with Project/Application Management life cycles, principles and techniques
- Strong, hands-on knowledge with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 or equivalent ERP system
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, Concur, Invensys Skelta BPM, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2010/2013, Nintex are a plus
- 5 years of progressive experience in business process and systems analysis and functional design
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership or management, from business cases, cost/benefit analyses and planning, through post-implementation support
- Must have a strong understanding of requirements gathering, planning/scheduling and other related concepts
- Demonstrated success in managing a moderately complex systems integration project using both internal and external resources
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong ability to create positive business relationships with internal and external clients
- Technical understanding of specific applications software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion on deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.