The Application Specialist is responsible for providing product, workflow, and solution expertise to end users of Roland products. They are expected to be able to engineer new applications for specific industries, train users on the operation and maintenance of Roland devices, and assist Product Management, Sales, and Service in addressing requests for application support and end user training at shows, demos, and dealer events. Additionally, the Application Specialist will develop knowledge in non-Roland tools like RIPs, finishing equipment, and materials to help advice customers on the best solutions for their applications.
The position requires the ability to think creatively to address a broad range of applications in printing, product decoration, prototyping, and other industries. The ability to integrate materials and techniques from a variety of sources, and train users on how to do the same, will be key to success.
This position requires a very heavy travel schedule, as most time will be spent assisting Roland users in the field. During time in the head office, the Application Specialist will be expected to use the Irvine demo room and production facility to assist sales and service with demos and custom samples for prospects.
For the first several months of the position, activities will be heavily weighted toward the specific needs of the LEJ-640FT program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Strong working knowledge of Roland hardware
- Strong working knowledge finishing techniques, software, and accessories that support Roland hardware
- Develop new applications and workflows
- Assist in developing service manuals and technical requirements
- Respond to specific requests with documentation of process and procedures to address custom applications
- Work closely with Sales, Product Management, and Service to support innovative Roland-based solutions
- Train end users on the operation and maintenance of Roland hardware, particularly UV
- Present at trade shows, Roland Academy events, and dealer events
- Travel of up to 75%
- Delivery of new applications and processes for documentation by Product Management
- Successful LEJ-640FT installations and user training
- Reduction of SAM and RSM time spent on end user application and workflow issues
Education/Certification:Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Engineering or technical backgrounds are also welcome.
- Working knowledge of Roland and/or other large format equipment operation.
- Understanding of color management and workflow principles.
- Ability to work closely with Sales, Marketing, Training, Event Coordinators, and Support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in team
- Arts/graphics, printing, imaging, screen printing, commercial printing
- Recent college graduates with only co-op, internship, or related part-time experience will be considered
- Operation of large format printing hardware and software
- Troubleshooting skills
- Oral and written communication
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills a must
- Familiarity with existing industry wide format print industry users and manufacturers
- Technical understanding of specific applications software and outstanding computer/PC skills. must be comfortable with current graphic application: Photoshop, Illustrator, and CorelDraw. In addition, he/she must have excellent overall PC computing skills, including a thorough familiarity with MS Office applications in document composition, spreadsheet creation, and presentation management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion to deadline
- High energy: commitment: the ability to succeed in a fast-growing company and dynamic industry
- Proactive product management
- Reactive problem resolution
- Team player, results oriented, professional, self-motivated & innovative
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.